Monday, March 23, 2009

Graduation Ceremony

A pretty surprise gift from David

With Parents

Finish procession

Was afraid I get tripped

Distinction Graduate-Phua Shyan-Hwei whom I meet there

Dressed on my graduation gown, just in time after a Marathon race


I had my graduation ceremony on the 21st march 2009 in The Concorde hotel Singapore. I was running very late for my rehearsal which was suppose to start at 11am. I reached at 12pm, we took long road instead of a short cut that cut across from the MRT station, but I wasn't late for the ceremony, that's most important. I got dress on with my graduation gown and took my graduation photos and proceeded on the ceremony, everything just happen so quickly, and ended earlier than it was scheduled. At least there wasn't such a long speech given by the guest of honor, which was good!


There were many graduates from all over the world- Korea, japan, Indonesia, Philippines...This Diploma from Associated Board of Royal School of Music (ABRSM) is recognized throughout the world and is a gold standard award. I didn't realize that their standard was set so high that only 200 graduates passed this professional exam over 3000 candidates, they said that they would need to set a high standard in order to associated with this level of professionalism. Well, I should be proud I finally got through it.


I also meet a girl whom I met during my examination day last year, and we rejoice for our achievement, as we remembered we were so anxious on that day.


I did wish my late mum was there as she was the one who made me determined to finish my piano, it was her wish to see me becoming a piano teacher one day. My mum saw that future ahead of time. Thanks Mum, I hope you will be very proud of this achievement. This achievement is not only mine but is partly yours as well.

3 comments:

Pamela DJ said...

You GO Girl!!!

nancy ng-kim said...

Hi Faith! would you believe it? I finally manage to view your open your 'journal' for the first time! You did an excellent job in creating this . . .

On your graduation: We are proud of you, Faith. Proud too, that you have substance within you by holding on to the teachings & instructions of your beloved late Mom. I am confident that by God's grace you will not forget where you came from, or where you began esp. as you climb higher in the ladder of success & progress

Faith Kim said...

Thanks Aunty Nancy, for putting such an essence in my life too.