Thursday, November 6, 2008

The "Kim's" Geneology

~The Origin of the surname Kim~

This is an interesting research done on our descendants
"Kim" is the most common Korean name, almost 22 percent of Korea's population carries this surname. In Korea unlike China and Japan has a far smaller number of surname. In fact the "big four" surnames-Kim , Park , Lee and Choi dominates the scene.

The big four surnames were adopted by commoners in the course of Korean history since these surnames were simply perceived to be of blue blood. These names were also sometimes bestowed upon loyal servants by royalty or nobility. The Kim and Park clans were royal clans of the ancient Silla Kingdom.

I know my grandfather came from Hainan Island (China), but way before my grandfather, it might have a way back geneology of history background from Korea until my ancestor migrated from places to places till we finally reach here in Malaysia !

Anyway, I am a Malaysian Now!

No comments: